Building Moisture Evaluation is a multifaceted inspection process designed to locate the source and extent of moisture problems in building. Sources of moisture problem can stem from building performance problems, catastrophic flooding, construction defects, drainage problems, plumbing failures, water intrusion, indoor humidity, and ventilation systems. Our highly trained indoor environmental professionals have considerable education and experience in performing construction failure investigations and moisture source identification.
We utilize state-of-the-art instrumentation such as:
- Moisture measurement equipment:
- Thermal hygrometers
- Data loggers
- Penetrating and non penetrating moisture meters
- Infrared thermography
- Blower doors
- Spray rack assemblies to simulate driven rain
- Optical devices
- Gathering information about the property and anything event that might have precipitated the water or moisture problem.
- Performing a building moisture inspection on-site, beginning with scanning the structure with an infrared (IR) camera followed by confirmation using moisture measurement equipment.
- Documenting the findings by digital photography, individual IR images and upon request a video recording of the IR scan.
- Create a written report.
Quality Control, Quality Assurance & Cost Control Services:
- Develop or review a scope of work (restorative drying)
- Review drying plans and equipment utilization.
- Monitoring drying projects
- Review invoicing